Friday, March 11, 2011

Coach called team "soft" did they respond?

By Katrina King
Image by Channing Jemerson

The Mavs win! 127-109. I was impressed I thought the Knicks, with their multiple offensive options, were going to be troublesome for the Mavs. I was wrong and I a not the only one who was wrong.

After last weeks lost to the Minnesota Grizzlies, coach Carlise said the boys were "soft", because they played soft. "Soft" was politically correct word use, I guess.
Me, I called them a bunch of girls.. sure did....hm.

Guess what, the Mavs responded by winning the game...big too! Beat the Knicks 127-109.. Dirk had 29 points, S. Marion, 22points

So Rick called them "soft" they played soft in against the Hornet.. Need the-step-on-your-throat-mentally, and win these ballgames. Break the curse...break the curse. What team with a decent record as the Dallas Mavericks give up double digit points (back to back) in the second half. Mavs gave up 41 points in the home game against Minnesota and again in New Orleans allowing the Hornets to sting them for 31 in the second half. Both games were down to the buzzer beater. Real good excitement.

So when the Knicks were in town, I just knew the Mavericks were in trouble. Well, I was wrong. The Mavs came out scoring, making defensive stops, grabbing boards (off/def).

Coach calling them "soft" ignited them proving they aren't "soft". I tell you what they are not and that is being consistent in play. Consistency, is the level of play they played with against New York. I still say the team need more aggressive consistent play.

GO MAVS!

No comments:

Post a Comment